Pages


Friday, February 8, 2013

Author Spotlight: Julie Kagawa

Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite authors :)
Each book by her that I have read from her, I have thoroughly enjoyed!
The Iron Fey series (probably my fave), the Lost Prince (spin off of the Iron Fey) and The Immortal Rules. All are awesome!

The Iron Fey series is by far my fave by Julie Kagawa. This world with all those wonder fairy folk was just awesome. The Iron King is the first book that involved fairy that I read. And I loved it :) The characters, the world, and the writing style that Julie created knocked my socks off!

Meghan, Ash, Puck, and Grimalkin. Me and Meghan had our fair share of annoyance. We have a bit of a love hate relationship. Love Puck :D He was just hilarious. And Ash! My love forever :)

And then we had the spin off that is all about Meghan's brother and involves her son also! *Jumps up with excitement* I loved the Lost Prince and can't wait for the series to continue on. The twist that this book brought on had me dying to read this book. The fact that Meghan had a CHILD...WTF?! How awesome is that! I don't know how Julie came up with this amazing world, but I just can't get enough of it. I also loved how in this book, we were reunited with all the lovely characters from the first series. But you know what she needs to do? She needs to make a story for Puck! Now I am am So team Ash, but I just adored Puck :) He needs a love!

The Immortal Rules was also an amazing story. It was completely different from the Iron Fey series. It was a dystopian and involved vamps :) Not just vamps, but a world where vamps rule!
I can't can't wait to continue on with that series as well. Any book that Julie Kagawa writes, I will most definitely check it out :)

These are just some awesome things I love about her books! Basically, me rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment