Pages


Friday, December 7, 2012

A Jaguar's Kiss by Katie Reus & Legend of the White Wolf by Terry Spear


A Jaguar's Kiss
by Katie Reus
Released |October 1st 2012 by Harlequin|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

Owen Wright, alpha of his wolf pack, hasn’t seen jaguar shifter Gabriela Segura in nearly ten years. She was his first love—until he did something to drive her away just as their relationship was heating up. Now Gabriela has returned to Montana, and his craving for her is stronger than ever….
But a recent string of brutal attacks on humans have the wolves suspicious of the jaguars, threatening the tenuous peace between the packs. Before he can claim Gabriela as his mate, they must join forces to prove her family’s innocence and track down the true predator.
I really love Katie Reus's writing :) She has a way of making these short little novellas satisfy your romance craving. I thought Owen and Gabriela's story was awesome, but it left me wanting so much more! I wish the author would make her novellas into full blown novel's because they always feel so short! I swear, you blink and the book is done. I love books that have some type of military or secret agent aspect to them, which made this book a plus. I also really enjoyed the characters and the plot of this book was awesome. But I felt at times the story was rush, but I guess, considering this is a novella, it would have to be.

Overall, I thought it was a good read. If you would like a quick little romance fix, this will definitely do the trick.

Legend of the White Wolf 
(Heart of the Wolf, #4)
by Terry Spear
Released |February 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

In this fourth in Spear's series, Private Eye Cameron MacPherson and Faith O'Mallery are both on quests that lead them into the world of magical wolves…
Cameron arrives in the Canadian Arctic to search for his partners in his P.I. business who are late returning from a hunting trip. Faith is there to discover what her father had seen in the same area years earlier that had made him lose touch with reality—man-wolves, he called them.
The two tumble into an icy world of enemies bent on destroying the lupus garou kind. As they turn into lupus garou themselves, and bond with the pack that only they can rescue from destruction, Cameron and Faith find their soul mates in each other.
I have definitely become a true fan of this series. And even though this book wasn't as good as the others to me, I still enjoyed the story. Cameron was probably my favorite character of them. Like I've said in previous reviews, I always find myself connecting with the male characters. I also really enjoyed the romance between Cameron and Faith. Faith was a strong female, but sometimes I felt as though she was a little too strong minded at times, if that makes any sense. The book was also filled with tons of action, which I loved. There wasn't a page that didn't have some kind of crazy scene happening. The only thing I didn't really like was that it took me a while to really get into the story in the beginning. But once I got into it, I really enjoyed it and devoured the rest of the book in a day! I stayed up ALL night to finish the book because I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to continue on with the next installment and I definitely recommend this series to those who love shifters and good paranormal romances.



2 comments:

  1. Both of these sound really great. I love shifter books, cause the men are hawt and the romance is even hotter! LOL ;p I am really excited to check these out. Glad you enjoyed them both! Great reviews!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always love story about shifter...
    i think i will read books ny katie reus..thx u for honest review...

    ReplyDelete