Pages


Friday, November 16, 2012

Hidden by PC Cast & Kristen Cast

Hidden
(House of Night, #10)
by PC Cast & Kristen Cast
Released |October 16th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin|
Edition |Hardcover, 320 pages|

Add to Goodreads

At last, Zoey has what she wanted: the truth is out. Neferet's evil has been exposed, and the High Council is no longer on her side -- but she's far from done wreaking havoc in the vampyre world. First, a mysterious fire ravages the stables. Then, Neferet makes a devastating move that will test them all.
With the seeds of distrust sown and Darkness breeding chaos at the House of Night, everyone must band together -- but that's proving to be more difficult than ever before. The twins are barely speaking and the House of Night's former enemy, Kalona, has now become their warrior, pushing their trust to the limit. To top it off, Zoey is pretty darn sure she might be losing her mind. She saw something when she looked at Aurox through the Seer Stone that she can hardly explain to herself, let alone her friends. Is it possible that Heath has come back in a different form? Is that why Zoey's so intrigued by Aurox, when it's so obvious that he's dangerous? And who would believe her if she told them? Zoey knows that following her instinct about Aurox might be just what they need to defeat evil . . . but if she's wrong, it could cause the destruction of those closest to her.
With the tension at a breaking point and friendships on the line, can the nerd herd come together to stop the spread of Darkness before it's too late?

I actually enjoyed this installment in the House of Night series, even though it had pretty much the same elements of all the other books. You know: nerd herd drama, Zoey crying, battling with Neferet...Oh, and did I mention battling with Neferet?! But I liked how in this book you see some changes within some of the characters. For instance, Shaunee. I really like the person she's becoming and I think it's for the better.


The characters were pretty much the same ol' same ol' with some small changes. Zoey was pretty much the same, whiny and crying a lot. But, she actually didn't annoy me as much as I thought she was going to. Erin and Shaunee were actually the ones you see significant changes in. Shaunee, for the better and Erin, for the I don't know what in the world is going on in her mind. And the new edition, Shaylin was actually a pretty interesting person. I actually liked her a lot, but in the beginning I was really skeptical of her.

And then there's all the little romance/couples we have. I like how the romance didn't fill up the whole book like it usually does. Praise PC & Kristen Cast for that! Best thing that ever could of happened. The book had tons of action and I really enjoyed the story.

Overall, it was a good read. I still would like this series to end asap, but there is another installment o.O So, I'll just have to deal.  If you've continued with this series for this long, I say to you to go into this book with an open mind and don't prejudge :)


6 comments:

  1. I planed on reading this series but then a lot of people told me not to read it. Maybe I'll one day, but right now I don't have time. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,this flop series. I stopped after the 5th or 6th book. Glad romance wasn't the center of the novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I've thought about giving up on this series many times, but I'm still going at it. Hope it ends soon though!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to be honest here and say I really don't like this series. I read the first book and I just couldn't bring myself to start the next book. I don't know what it was...it just didn't connect with me. D: Glad you are enjoying it though! :) Great Review!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also don't really like the series. The first book wasn't bad, but they just kept getting progressively blah. I think I left off on book seven or eight. They are sitting on my shelf so maybe someday I will finish, but yeah Zoey is a whiner and there are two many boys. Just pick one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to read this book. I have like a hundred reviews to turn in before I can read it. I just want to know about the battle with Neferet. Even though I know nothing will come of that as the series hasn't ended.

    ReplyDelete