Pages


Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

The Lost Prince
(The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
by Julie Kagawa
Released |October 23rd 2012 by Harlequin Teen|
Edition |E-ARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads

Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.
Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.


Oh, how I missed the world of the Iron Fey! Julie Kagawa is amazing and never ceases to amaze me even more. I was so hoping that I would not be disappointed with book since I loved the Iron Fey series so much and I am glad my wish was granted! I adored this book :) It was just what I was hoping it would be and more.


Where to start? Ethan, of course, is Meghan Chase is little brother :D And he was pretty much how I thought  he would be. I wouldn't say he was crewed up in the head, but considering everything he went through as a child, his animosity towards the fey is completely understandable. Ethan does not like the fey whatsoever and  you really see that in the beginning of the book. He's very cautious because of the 'Sight' and is always alert and on the look out. I really enjoyed Ethan's character. He was just as brave as Meghan and now that I think about it, they really have a lot in common but I think he handles his emotions better. I really enjoyed reading from his view point. It isn't often where I read a book from a male's point of view, but I loved it because their mindsets are different than a females. But anyways, I definitely liked Ethan, but I didn't swoon over him. (still in love with my dear beloved Ash!)

In this book we are introduced to, Kenzie. At times I thought the girl was super hard headed, but I really ended up liking her in the end. Also, the issue that Kenzie revealed to Ethan gives me this heavy feeling that the revelation will play a part in one of the upcoming books. Maybe he'll take an oath to save her or something like that, but I KNOW that it will play a role in a future book. We are also introduced to Keirran :D *Jumps for joy*! If you have not read Iron's Prophecy, I really think you should before you read this one. And you will know why I was super excited and anxious when he finally made his first appearance. I loved Keirran :) and thought he was a great addition to the story, but towards the end there, I really didn't know what was going on with him. He seemed a little off and I can't wait to see what's going to happen with that.

Together, Ethan, Keirran, Kenzie, and Annwyl are on a mission to find out what is happening to the half-breed fey and fey themselves. A group of fey called the 'Forgotten' are sucking the life of the fey and they are on a mission to stop it. This book was action pack, exciting, and left a thrill in me that left me wanting more. And also there was lots of romance and feelings going around in this book. Unlike in the Iron fey series, Keirran and Annwyl are a couple and basically so is Ethan and Kenzie. So, no single guys here.

AND...We got reacquainted with are old friends and boyfriends! :) I loved seeing Ash *swoons*, Meghan, Puck, and Grimalkin again. It was like a breath of fresh air. And Puck was still Puck and so was Grimalkin.

For those who love the Iron Fey series, this book is a MUST read! I know this review has gotten lengthy, so I am wrapping it up. But like I said before, if you love the Iron Fey series, you MUST read this book! I was not disappointed at all. And also read Iron's Prophecy :) It's a serious Must also. I would like to take the time to thank Netgalley for the chance to read an E-ARC of this book. It was amazing :D All thoughts are my honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. I received this one on netgalley and plan to read it soon. great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! I loved The False Prince. Everything about it was just amazing. The only person I really disliked was Kenzie because I felt that she served no real purpose. Seeing Keirran and Ethan together were my fave parts I have to say.

    Great review!

    Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete