Pages


Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Daimon
(Covenant, #0.5)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released |May 10th 2011 by Spencer Hill Press|
Edition |Ebook|
For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. According to her mother, that’s a good thing. But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. The daimons have found her.

In this short prequel to Half-Blood, you get to see what happened leading up to and after the death of Alex's mother.
I am so happy I got this, because I was going to skip reading this all together, but it was nice to know what Alex went through before and what she went through after when she was on the run.

I swear I  hate, but love these prequels/novellas. They're way too short for my liking. I need a full blown book :) But anyways, I really liked this. It was nice to see exactly what happened. In Half-Blood, it's talked about, but it doesn't really go in detail, so reading this really fills in the blanks.

If you love this series as much as I do, I really think you should pick it up! You will be glad that you did. I know this review is super short, but what can I say. I liked it :) and it was quick, exciting, and awesome. Oh, and you also get to see what happened with her relationship with the Matt guy too! For all of you who haven't read this series, you SHOULD!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it was an enjoyable prequel. I'll have to get it and read it before the series.

    ReplyDelete