Pages


Friday, June 22, 2012

Where She Went by Gale Forman

Where She Went
(If I Stay, #2)
by Gale Forman
Released |April 5th 2011 by Dutton Juvenile|
Edition |Hardback, 274 pages|
Source |Library|
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


I don't know why I have continued to push off reading this book for so long. I've been wanting to dig into it for a while, but I always choose another book over it. Why? But now that I have read it, I'm so glad I finally did. To get the second part to an amazing story!

With 'If I Stay', you are in the POV of Mia and in Where She Went you are in the POV of Adam. I absolutely loved that. I loved how we got to see the way Adam feels and felt. I also like how it flips back and fourth from present to past. It was an amazing thing. In this book, we go through, yet again, and emotional roller coaster. It was a painful thing to see what Adam's inner self has been going through over the last three years. 

In 'If I Stay' I cried my eyes out, but I didn't in this book. The emotions where there in this book but in a different way. I didn't really understand why Adam blamed himself so much for the promise he made. And I really didn't understand Mia's logic to be honest. I did, but I didn't.

The character development in this book was amazing. But that is to be expected since this story is picks up three years later. It's amazing how this book takes place over a 24 hr period. Just one day changed the way both Adam and Mia lived their lives. 

The ending to this story left me feeling... :D I loved how things turned out and it ease my heart :) If you have not read If I Stay, I highly recommend that you do and if you have read, but have not read this book yet, I high recommend that you too!

Overall, I really enjoyed part two to Mia and Adam's story. It was an emotional journey that leaves you thinking once you finish both books.

1 comment:

  1. I read If I Stay and Where She Went back to back. That might be why I actually ended up balling my eyes out way more in the sequel. I felt so bad for Adam after everything he did for Mia. It was a great story and I was happy with the ending.

    ReplyDelete