Pages


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

Title: Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
Author: J.R. Ward
Release Date: March 6th 2007 by Onyx
Edition: Mass Market Paperback, 455 pages

Synopsis:
Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers.

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed Butch and Marissa's story. It was different then the other books! So many different elements went on in this book and so many different events. Each book brings something new to the table and you learn more about each of the characters. You learn more about Vishous, considering his story is the next book. And you also see more of John Matthews in this book! We also are introduced to Xhex! Since I have already read this series, I can't wait until I reread the rest of the books.

I have liked Butch since the very first BDB story, Dark Lover! He is sarcastic, touch, and brave. He's been through a lot in his life, but he fit right in the the BDB men. I really appreciated that you learn more of Butch's background in this book. You get to know more about where he came from and why he acts the way he acts. It suck what happened to his sister Janie, but I think his real "human" family treats him horrible and he doesn't deserve it.

Marissa was sweet and the complete opposite of Butch. But as they say, opposites attract. I liked Marissa. And Havers was an asshole! And sometimes Marissa's innocence got on my nerves. Lol I know she's a sweet girl and all, but she knew absolutely nothing about anything romantic or sexual. But I did like her character development as the book progress. She learned to speak up for herself and take a stand and I liked that. Butch and Marissa's romance was nice. He made her feel special.

The action in this book was on point! More than enough and I loved every single moment of it! And I really liked the ending :) I thought it was a sweet tough and you finally get to know what Butch's dad was! Ha, I knew it!

Overall, amazing addition to the BDB series. And I highly recommend this series to everyone as long as you can handle adult scenes.  


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Butch! Can't wait to get to his book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. It reminded me how much I can not wait to read Lover Reborn! I will probably re-read all of the BDB books closer to the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started reading this series, can't wait to get to this book!! x

    ReplyDelete