Pages


Friday, February 17, 2012

Author Interview with Taryn Browning


Hey guys,
I'm here with an author interview with Taryn Browning, author of Dark Seeker!




Title: Dark Seeker (Seeker, #1)
Author: Taryn Browning
Release Date: October 4th 2011
Edition: Ebook
My Review: 4.5 Star Review

Synopsis:
She's the Seeker. He's the hunted. What's at stake could kill them both...

For 17-year-old Seeker, Janie Grey, ridding the Baltimore streets of the undead is an inherited duty passed down from her Cherokee ancestors. Seeker Training Lesson #1: Never trust the undead. After her father’s tragic death, Janie creates her own life lesson: Love isn’t worth the risk. Both lessons are easy to follow until she encounters the flawed Kai Sterdam. At first, she believes he is the hybrid she is trained to hunt. But, when he has human traits, she determines she doesn’t know what he is. As Janie’s intrigue over who Kai is pushes her deeper into his mysterious past, she discovers a shocking truth that is even more harrowing than the evil they are up against. It’s a secret Kai wants to keep hidden, especially from Janie.

Author Interview:


1. Where is the current place your reside and can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I live in Virginia with my husband, two young boys and dog. I love reading, writing, music, and spending time with my friends and family.

2. Have you always wanted to be an author and what or who inspired you to become a writer?
I've always had an overactive imagination and love of paranormal books, TV shows and movies, but I didn't actually know that I could write a novel until about 4 years ago. My inspiration for writing my first book was Stephenie Meyer. After reading the Twilight Saga, along with my love of the "paranormal" world,  I was inspired to write my own stories.

3. When did you write your first complete book?
I began writing about 4 years ago during a stressful time in my life, including moving from Pennsylvania to Virginia. I found reading and writing to be a great escape from my everyday responsibilities. One day an idea came to me on my way to pick up my son from preschool and I decided to write a book. Writing quickly became my passion and I’ve been doing it ever since. It has been so wonderful to be able to share my stories with others. It is my hope that Dark Seeker will provide at least one person with the escape they need.

4. Do you take any part in creating your book covers?
Yes, I created the Dark Seeker book cover. I loved researching photographs and experimenting with fonts and colors. Designing book covers is so much fun.

5. Do you have any bad habits you do when you are reading?
Haha, yes...I love to eat gummy bears.

6. Where is your favorite place to read?
I love to read in bed before I go to sleep. It is quiet, so I can immerse myself in the story without interruption. If I'm really into a book it's difficult for me to put it down and I end up staying up way too late.

7. Are you currently reading any books?
Right now I'm reading Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare and loving it.

8. Who are some of your favorite authors?
Cassandra Clare, Richelle Mead, J.R. Ward, Julie Kagawa, Stephenie Meyer and Suzanne Collins are some of my favorite authors.

9. Which do you prefer: Stand Alone or Series when it comes to books?
I prefer reading a series that wraps up the main conflict at the end of each book, but also leaves the story open to more novels. I love it when I find myself rooting for the characters and getting to know them. It's amazing to see them grow throughout the series.

10. Do you have any advice for writers out there who want to become authors?
Keep writing and never give up. Continue to learn and improve your craft. Write what you love and it will show through your writing. Stay true to yourself and follow your passions. Also, read lots of books in the genre you write.

11. Where can people buy your books?
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Book Depository and Smashwords
Dark Beauty, the prequel short story to Dark Seeker is available now & Dark Return, the 2nd book in the series, will be out later this year.

12. Do you have any websites? (Twitter, Facebook, Blog, etc.)
website:  tarynbrowning.com
blog:  yafictionauthor.blogspot.com
twitter:  @TarynBrowning & @DarkSeekerFans
facebook:  Taryn Browning & Dark Seeker


    No comments:

    Post a Comment