Pages


Friday, January 20, 2012

Hunting Season by Shelly Laurenston

Title: Hunting Season (The Gathering, #1)
Author: Shelly Laurenston
Release Date: October 2nd 2009 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Edition: eBook

Synopsis:

Neecy Lawrence, winged warrior for a Viking goddess and second-in-command of the fierce Crows, doesn’t know what to do with a nice guy. As it is, making up for a past she’d sooner forget leaves her barely polite most days. But Raven leader and loyal Odin warrior, Will Yager, isn’t just nice. He’s gorgeous, hot, and a distraction she simply can’t afford.
Yager has wanted Neecy in his life—and in his bed—for a long time. Not just for a night, but forever. And, like any self-respecting Viking, he’ll stop at nothing to get what he wants. So what if she’s the most difficult, complex, never-gives-him-a-break woman he’s ever known? She’s more than worth the effort. In fact, she’s worth everything.
And if it turns out that twenty-four hours of non-stop, any-way-she-wants-it sex doesn’t work with Neecy? Then it looks like he’ll just have to get a little more creative…
Warning: Contains a strong, intelligent, ass-kicking heroine; an alpha hero with the occasional geeky tendency; gritty, realistic violence; and sex so hot that, well, let’s just say there’s not enough ice water in the world…

My Thoughts:
Neecy Lawrence is a winged warrior for a Viking Goddess and the second in command of the Crow. While making up for her past that she hasn't forgotten, she is rarely in a nice mood. And when it comes to guys, Neecy doesn't know what to do with a nice guy. But Raven leader and loyal Odin warrior, Will Yager, isn't just nice. Yager has wanted Neecy for a long time, and being the Viking that he is, he will stop at nothing to get her. Not just for the moment but forever. But Yager knows in order to keep Neecy, he's going to have to be creative, not matter how difficult she may be.

I loved this book! Out of all the Shelly Laurenston's books I've read, I have loved every single one of them. This book was a fun, light read. I enjoyed it so much much. I loved the plot and the characters, even all the side characters.

Neecy and Yager, of course, were my favorite. Those two together had me laughing every single time. I really loved that fact, that this book had me laughing throughout it the entire time I was reading it. Especially with Neecy and her attitude towards Yager. I also loved there chemistry with each other. They could burn a house down with all that chemistry! Yager was a sweetheart, but I loved that dominant attitude. I loved how the roles were kind of reversed. Neecy was the one with the internal issues towards the relationship with her past, instead of Yager. It's usually the guys with the problems. So I liked that fact.

The side characters: Mike, Arri, Janelle and Didi had me laughing tears. Arri, when she the Crows finally accepted and she became comfortable around everyone, had me laughing. Especially at that last party!

The action was great. Neecy is a bad ass character which I really like. All the crows were. Oh, and speaking of crows, I have never read a book about crows! I was kind of freaked out about that in the beginning! Lol
And the ending tripped me out. I was sitting there trying to turn to the next page but I realized it was the end! Typical Neecy. I want the sequel to be released badly! I want to know what Yager does.

Overall the book was a quick read. It was light and very entertaining. Definitely for people 18 and older. If you want a good laugh, I seriously recommend this book to you!


1 comment:

  1. That is one hot cover! I just want to stare at it all day.

    ReplyDelete