Pages


Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hide & Seek by Aimee Laine

Title: Hide & Seek (Games of Zeus, #1)
Author: Aimee Laine
Release Date: March 1st 2012 by J. Taylor Publishing
Edition: eBook

Synopsis:
Lie, cheat or steal, no one can catch Tripp Fox. Except one woman.

Lexi Shepherd’s knack for finding whatever is asked of her isn’t sheer luck. It’s a gift from the Greek god Zeus.

That Lexi doesn’t use her ability to search for “Mr. Right” comes from one of many personal rules she has set for herself. Number one is not to let fate dictate her future.

Falling in love with Tripp breaks all the others.

Despite her principles, Lexi’s unable to stay away from the bad boy, and she finds herself toeing the grey line of the law for him.

Zeus, though, didn’t give Lexi and Tripp their talents to make their relationship a simple, easy alliance. He designed it to be exactly the opposite. Impossible. Always.

With their separation, Lexi expects Tripp to forfeit love in favor of destiny. He, on the other hand, intends to beat Zeus at his own game. With a plan in place, Tripp challenges Lexi to take the one action no one else can.

Find him.

The question isn’t can she ... but will she?

My Thoughts:
Tripp Fox goes against all things Lexi Shepard does not agree with. With their gifts from the Greek God Zeus, Lexi has the ability to find things, and Tripp cannot be caught, except by one woman. Falling in love with Tripp breaks all the rules. Despite her principles, Lexi’s unable to stay away from the bad boy. Zeus didn’t give Lexi and Tripp their talents to make their relationship a simple thing. He designed it to be exactly the opposite, Impossible.With their separation, Lexi expects Tripp to forfeit love in favor of destiny. He, on the other hand, intends to beat Zeus at his own game. With a plan, Tripp challenges Lexi to take the one action no one else can.Find him. The question isn’t can she, but will she?

I received this book from J. Taylor Publishing to review because I am part of their reviewers program. So on to the review!

I really enjoyed this book. I loved it so much! It was exciting, the characters were amazing, it kept you guessing, and it was so different than the books I am use to reading.

Lets start with the character, Lexi and Tripp. Those to are what made the story! Tripp was wonderful. He was kind of everything I love in a male counterpart. Bad boy, but loving; Secretive, but willing; and Cunning, but cute. And Tripp was so adventurous. He brought the action to the book, but so did Lexi. I just adored his character! Lexi, was kind of self-conscience to me at first, the goody girl who didn't want to do anything wrong or take a chance. But I really like her character. She wanted to try new things and go outside her comfort zone, but would always second guess herself. Lexi and Tripp's relationship was absolutely, how should I say this, heated. Between the arguing, the sex, and their over all chemistry, what's not to love?!

Emma and Ian always had me laughing. Emma knew her twin and knew exactly what she would/say before she said it, which I loved! I loved when Emma called Lexi out on when she knew Lexi was thinking negatively about an issue. It was so entertaining. Ian was just a trip. But I loved he and Tripp's brotherly relationship.
Marge and Gorge confused the mess out of me in the beginning, but I now understand their whole part in the story. They were adorable!

The action in this book was written out so well. Since I am an action kind of girl, that is one of the things that keeps me flipping the pages and I was not disappointed with this book! I stay up all night to read this book and it is now 5:10 in the AM! I pulled an all nighter but I am so glad I did.

The ending was so sweet and I enjoyed every minute reading it! I would say the only problem I really had with this book was Lexi's inability to trust Tripp. As the reader, I see what he's capable of and how he's feeling. Lol It just frustrated me to know end, because I loved Tripp and trusted him so why is she having the trust issues! Lol Silly me :)

But overall, the book was amazing! I enjoyed it. It is an adult book to all my readers out their. But if you love a good romance, action, and a tad of mystery, I think you'll enjoy this book!

1 comment: